2020 GLDN Year in Review
2020 was just as unusual for us here at GLDN as it was for the rest of the world. Trying to navigate a business during a pandemic was a trip, but we’re so fortunate that it didn’t define the whole year for us!
We wanted to share some of our big wins and “hey, that was awesome” moments so that you can get a glimpse of how we kept 2020 GLDN. (Despite 2020’s best efforts to thwart us all.)
GLDN was fortunate to be able to quickly pivot all GLDN Makers to work-from-home studios. After countless inventory pickups, van dropoffs, Slack coordination and video calls, we were able to get back into our studios with strict (but welcome!) health and safety guidelines and precautions.
We were super excited to set in motion plans to offer insurance coverage to to all part-time GLDN employees and GLDN spouses. Starting January 2021!
We were excited to have our first GLDN Diversity Training in the middle of a time of great social change, and prioritize inclusivity and awareness in our workplace.
New Website Launch
We were able to offer a much-improved shopping experience to GLDN customers by launching a new website with enhanced usability features.
Now you can truly design GLDN jewelry yourself with our new personalizer, which could help easily create and preview your own perfect piece.
Find out what others thought about a piece they’ve purchased, and submit your own GLDN reviews.
- Our Flora Collection bloomed. You gave us all the warm feelings with the lovely stories and memories you shared about what your favorite flowers mean to you.
- Our Paper Clip Chains proved to be a hit – and why not, when everyone needs a new staple.
- And don’t forget our Signets. Turns out we all love a cute stacker, and we love it more when we can personalize it.
We’ve now donated to over 100 organizations through our Giving Back Program, and our 2020 recipients were:
- the body: a home for love
- Brain and Behavior Research Foundation
- First Nations Development Institute
- Global Fund for Women
- League of Women Voters Education Fund
- Lydia Place
- National Association of the Deaf
- National Immigration Law Center
- She Should Run
- Washington State Association of the Deaf
- We collaborated with the body: a home for love by creating a special collection that gave back 50% of collection profits to their organization and mission.
- On Black Friday, we gave 50% of all profits to the First Nations Development Institute to further their work improving Native economic conditions.